How Teachers Can Effortlessly Create Delightful Bedtime Stories
Bedtime stories are great for stimulating children’s imagination before they retire to their beds. Not only that bedtime stories put kids to sleep; they also help resonate good values throughout childhood. We’re familiar with classic bedtime tales and fables for kids and we’ve probably had them read to us by our parents too.
Study says that most successful students are exposed in the habitual routine of listening to bedtime stories. So as early as now, teachers should introduce the power of bedtime stories to stimulate imagination and forge values. Through sharing one of your bedtime stories, surely your students would love to hear another one from their parents before they’ll go to sleep.
If you’re a teacher who is eager to create children’s bedtime stories, here are a few pointers for you to be able to construct tales that kids in school will love, and parents would want to read to their children.
- Be an imaginative child. Bringing out the kid in you will help you come up with better stories. Remember that your aim is to rouse children’s imagination.
- Lay down your ideas in a storyboard.You’ll visualize your tale better once you go about seeing your rehearsed concept. Write the story down and make some rough illustrations on how it will go.
- Establish the characters. One or two main characters would be enough, and around five supporting characters will do. The main characters need to be likeable, relatable, or funny.
- Never give up. Don’t worry too much about polishing it in the process of writing. Do that afterwards. This is a tedious process that requires great amount of time and effort.
- Read it to children! After the edits and the polishing, practice reading the story aloud to further test if it’d be appealing for kids to listen to, and will help you determine what you need to rewrite.
If you need more feedback or you just want to share it with the rest of the world, you can search for sites containing bedtime stories online. Online bedtime stories can also help you write better tales in the future.
Are you ready to have students hear your own bedtime stories in school? With the rising community of storytellers, you can surely get the support you need. Write your bedtime story now!
Take your time and plan accordingly!Keep Reading »
Waiting to do something you've always wanted to makes no sense.Keep Reading »
Read more, write more, and learn more. It all helps in the end!Keep Reading »
My books are about loving others.Keep Reading »